By offering this website for use, AEDPI provides you with a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and make personal use of the information and services on this website, subject to and in accordance with these Terms. AEDPI reserves the right to terminate this license at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion. Your failure to comply with these Terms shall result in automatic termination of this license, without prior notice, and you must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in your possession or control. Except for the limited license set forth in these Terms, AEDPI does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any, trademarks, copyrights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
By using this website, you agree that:
- you shall not use, intentionally or unintentionally, any of the content, information or services on this website in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national or local law, rule or regulation having the force of law, including privacy laws;
- you shall not use this website in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden or otherwise impair any of our computer systems;
- you shall not interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this website or any of the content, information or services provided on this website;
- you shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law, contract, or fiduciary relationship;
- you shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other malicious code, files or programs;
- you shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server used for this website;
- you shall not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by us;
- you shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, sell, resell or otherwise exploit this website, or any portion hereof, for commercial purposes without AEDPI’s prior written consent;
- you shall not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of this website without AEDPI’s prior written consent;
- you shall not make use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos or graphics on this website without AEDPI’s prior written consent;
- you shall not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture or extract information about usage, individual identities or users;
- you shall not use any automated or manual device or process to monitor or copy the website or the content, information or services on this website without AEDPI’s prior written consent;
- you shall not collect any email addresses on this site for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns and you shall not solicit any users with data retrieved from this website or any employee, therapist or community member identified on this website;
- you shall not distribute, on or through this website, any advertising; promotion; solicitation for goods, services or funds; or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without AEDPI’s prior written permission.
Any unauthorized use terminates the license granted hereby.
When you visit this website and when you communicate with us electronically, for example by sending us an email, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We shall communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically – by email or posting – satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
The technology and content provided on this website is owned by or licensed to AEDPI and is protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. AEDPI and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to that content and technology.
Digital Millennium Copyright Notice
As required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17.U.S.C.A. § 512), upon notice of alleged copyright infringement, AEDPI shall remove or block access to the material, provide notice to the user who posted the material and proceed as dictated by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17.U.S.C.A. § 512). AEDPI may terminate or block access to areas of its site to repeat infringers. All relevant notices of alleged copyright infringement should be sent to: Admin@AEDPinstitute.org
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
AEDPI PROVIDES THIS WEBSITE “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, AND DELAYS;
- WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS TO ANY PORTION OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE DIRECTORY, “RESOURCES” OR JOURNAL TRANSFORMANCE shall BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR FREE;
- WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE THAT HAS BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY BY ANYONE OTHER THAN, AND WITHOUT THE EXPRESS APPROVAL OF AEDPI.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT
- PROVISION OF CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ENTAILS THE LIKELIHOOD OF SOME HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, AND LOSSES, INCLUDING THE INADVERTENT LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO MEDIA;
YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE USE, RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL AEDPI OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR
- DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT AEDPI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE;
- ANY CLAIM(S) RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR INABILITY OR FAILURE TO ATTEND OR REMAIN IN COURSES, OBTAIN CLIENTS, LOCATE A THERAPIST, PARTICIPATE IN ANY LISTSERV OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN ANY PERCEIVED BENEFIT FROM USING THE WEBSITE.
- ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE UPON THE AVAILABILITY OF OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
- ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF AEDPI WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE.
IF YOU OBJECT TO THESE TERMS, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
This website may contain offers to purchase books, videos, courses or other items from select authors, faculty and others (Advertisers). Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this website is accurate and complies with applicable laws including intellectual property laws. AEDPI shall not be responsible for the illegality of, or any error or inaccuracy in, advertisers materials, or for the acts or omissions of such advertisers.
Third-party content, messages and services may appear on this website or may be accessible through links from this website. AEDPI is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any mistakes, misstatements, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood or obscenity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on or accessible from this website. You acknowledge that the information and opinions in third party content are neither endorsed or controlled by, nor reflect the beliefs of, AEDPI.
Linking to the Website
You may provide links to this website, provided (a) you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, any portion of the website and (b) you discontinue providing links to this website if requested by AEDPI.
Registration and Account Information
Submission of Information
The website includes areas in which users may post content and information, including personal and business profile data, messages, comments, data, text, photos, blogs, graphics or other materials (the “User Content”). You are solely responsible for your use of such areas and use them at your own risk. By using the website, you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the website any of the following:
- User Content that is false, misleading, unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent, including without limitation any personal profile information, recommendation, endorsement, rating or review of any therapist or other AEDP community member.;
- User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content as provided under these Terms;
- User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including without limitation any advertisements for any psychotherapist, speaker, teacher, course, psychotherapy services or therapist referral services without the advance written permission of AEDPI;
- Viruses, spyware, malware, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and
- User Content that, in the sole judgment of AEDPI, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the website, or which may expose AEDPI or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
AEDPI takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor shall AEDPI be liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. Any use of the website in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in termination or suspension of your right to use the website.
AEDPI reserves the right to restrict or remove any User Content posted or stored on the website at any time and for any reason without notice.
License of User Content to AEDPI
By uploading or submitting User Content to the website for use, you grant AEDPI a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. If you post User Content to the website, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant AEDPI and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Content to the website and to grant the rights granted herein; (b) the User Content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the User Content you supply does not violate these Terms and shall not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
No Mental Health Treatment or Advice
The information and services on this website are not intended to and shall not be used as a substitute for mental health care services. You use the content, information and services on this website at your own risk. You acknowledge that under no circumstances is AEDPI, its employees, agents, faculty, or affiliates, providing mental health treatment or advice through this website, and that nothing on this website is intended as a substitute for advice from a therapist or medical professional. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL AEDPI HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. SUCH RELIANCE SHALL BE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
No Endorsement of Therapists
AEDPI is not a therapist referral service. The Directory is a billboard of community members. AEDPI does not select, approve, or otherwise endorse any particular therapist nor does AEDPI make any representation about the qualifications of any therapist or the quality of their treatment or services. Any and all such recommendations are from third parties and are inherently subjective in nature, could be inaccurate or incomplete, and are difficult or impossible to verify. Therefore, AEDPI expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that such recommendations or other User Content are correct or reliable. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL AEDPI HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. SUCH RELIANCE SHALL BE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
No Therapist-Client Relationship & Confidentiality
You acknowledge that no therapist-client relationship is, or shall be, formed through the use of this website, and that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality of communications occurring through this website. No therapist-client relationship is, or shall be, formed through this website even if you identify and/or communicate with a therapist through use of our Directory, referral service, or any other method related to this website. The hiring of a therapist is a critical decision and should not be predicated solely on comments, recommendations, advertisements, User Content or other posted materials contained on this website or any other website.
Therapist Professional Conduct
If you are a therapist participating in any aspect of this website, you acknowledge that the Rules or Codes of Professional Conduct or Ethics (collectively, “Rules”) of the jurisdictions in which you are licensed apply to all aspects of your participation with the website and AEDPI and that you shall abide by such Rules. AEDPI disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You warrant that User Content shall be used to provide general information only, and not for the provision of mental health advice or treatment.
You acknowledge and agree that AEDPI, in its sole discretion, may terminate your website access if your conduct is found to be unlawful, inconsistent with or in violation of, the letter or spirit of these Terms. AEDPI shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of website access. Should you object to any terms and conditions of these Terms, or to any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the website.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold AEDPI and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in New York. You agree to waive all defenses or objections to such jurisdiction and venue.
Severability of Provisions
If any provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
If you have any questions about these Terms, or about the content, information or services on this website, you may contact us via our Contact page
We shall post any changes to these Terms here.
The Terms were last updated August 1, 2021