About AEDP – Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy
AEDP seeks to undo the patient’s aloneness in the face of overwhelming suffering and to engage innate healing forces within, i.e., transformance, so as to heal trauma, restore vitality to self experience, and engender resilience.
AEDP engages the process of deep emotional change and features a theoretical framework for transformational work.
Healing-oriented and attachment-based, AEDP’s practice translates current neuroscience and developmental research into moment-to-moment clinical practice. Simultaneously experiential and relational in its in-depth emotional explorations, AEDP’s interventions are deeply rooted in the dynamics of the transformational process that emerges in environments where the individual feels safe and known.
AEDP Immersion: Theoretical Framework, Clinical Teaching from Videotapes, Experiential Exercises
AEDP [Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy] Immersion is the recommended first course for licensed therapists who are seeking to become AEDP Certified.
The AEDP Immersion course will teach you how to work at the edge of transformational experience and how to use somatic-affective transformational markers to guide interventions. You will learn how to use AEDP’s rigorous transformational phenomenology to closely track clinical processes. Extensive use of clinical videotapes will demonstrate hallmark AEDP techniques such as:
- dyadic affect regulation;
- experiential work with attachment experience;
- working with receptive affective experience, such as feeling felt, feeling seen, and feeling cared for;
- processing emotion through to a transformational shift; and
- the metaprocessing of transformational experience.
Experiential exercises will allow you to both practice AEDP interventions and experience how brain, body, psyche and the experience of human connection and transformation intertwine to unleash deep emotional change and heal attachment trauma.
What an Average Day Looks Like
- Theoretical presentations grounding the clinical work in the conceptual framework of AEDP’s healing oriented transformational theory.
- Clinical teaching revolving around clinical videotapes, with a focus on the phenomenology of transformation as well as techniques and strategies of intervention. Special attention will be accorded to working with the experience of transformation, the healing affects, offering and receiving affirmation, and promoting core state experiencing, all in the context of transforming attachment trauma. In essence, this Immersion course is a soup-to-nuts course in AEDP.
- And there is also opportunity to practice aspects of AEDP through structured experiential exercises.
The format is highly interactive and emphasizes back-and-forth with participants, thus activating dyadic processes of communication.
Videotapes Will Help You Learn and Practice How To:
- entrain neuroplasticity and harness healing forces from the get-go
- be a transformance detective
- work experientially with the experience of attachment in the here-and-now therapeutic relationship
- use affective/somatic markers to moment-to-moment track clinical process and guide interventions
- recognize the phenomenology of the transformational process: the 4 states and 3 state transformations of AEDP
- use dyadic regulation to undo the patient’s aloneness in the face of overwhelming emotional experience
- use dyadic affect regulation to transform shame and fear; restore connection, flow and awe
- regulate and process emotion to a transformational shift, from negative to a point where positive affects and adaptive action tendencies are released
- use healing affects to foster True Self experience through being a True Other
- metaprocess transformational experiences to engender upward spirals of resilience, health, creativity, & well-being, i.e., flourishing
- promote core state and experiences of openness, compassion, self-compassion, flow, ease, wisdom, generosity, and calm
Who the Immersion Course is For:
The AEDP Immersion course is intended for clinicians interested in AEDP’s healing-oriented, transformation-based therapeutic model – both its theory and phenomenology – and in exploring AEDP’s unique contributions to the treatment of attachment trauma.
AEDP Immersion is the recommended first course for licensed therapists who are seeking to become AEDP Certified.
In the Immersion course we also seek to undo clinicians’ aloneness by working to foster a vibrant community of like-minded, like-hearted others. It is the vision of the course to bring together clinicians from different perspectives who share an interest in AEDP specifically and/or in dynamic-experiential work in general, and who also each bring their own very special expertise, interest and experiences. In this way, Immersion is not only exciting and enlivening for its participants, but AEDP itself continues to be enriched and enhanced by being in communication with many deep sources of knowledge and wisdom.
By Attending This Course, You Will Be Able To:
- Define Transformance and apply it to psychotherapy
- Explain the self-other-emotion triangle and identify the 4 States and 3 State Transformations of AEDP.
- Explain the key clinical concepts, theoretical contributions, and the credo of AEDP.
- Discuss the role of healthy attachment and attachment trauma in health and psychopathology, as well as identify the right brain processes engaged in the process of attachment.
- Identify the 3 elements of dyadic affect regulation: attunement, disruption, and repair and to define dyadic affect regulation in clinical work.
- Utilize experiential techniques to help a client process intense, previously warded off emotional experiences
- Define metaprocessing, identify the 6 metatherapeutic processes, and recognize transformational markers and the phenomenology of the healing affects
This program is eligible for 30.5 CE Hours of continuing education credit through our co-sponsor R. Cassidy Seminars. CE Credits are included in the course fee. Check each specific course page for specifics about your State / your Licensing Board and always check with your Board to make sure they have not changed rules (that happens) since the webpage was last updated.
For our cancellation/refund policy click here.
Immersion courses sell out! Register now to ensure your spot
Current and Upcoming Immersion Courses click here