We are here to support every candidate in reaching their goal of excelling as an AEDP therapist and we recognize that individuals learn at different paces, begin training in AEDP with diverse skill sets, and have a variety of previous clinical experiences. The Immersion course and Individual Supervision are the foundational requirements for Certification. The rest of your training and supervision depends on what best meets your needs. We strongly encourage you to discuss your path to Certification with an AEDP supervisor.
In addition to completing the prerequisite training and supervision, the following are required when you apply for AEDP Certification:
- State licensure or certification in your discipline – copy to be submitted with certification materials.
- Achievement of Level 3 AEDP Training (see Training Levels)
- After achieving Level 3 AEDP Training, you must work with a supervisor for an additional minimum of 10 hours to confirm your readiness for Certification and to develop your materials for AEDP Certification submission: Two case reviews including videotaped material as well as transcript of each case and a micro-analysis of each videotape, annotating the AEDP principles and interventions applied in the clinical psychotherapy sessions.
- Please note: by the time you complete this step you must have been supervised by at least two supervisors, one of whom should be faculty.
- Once your individual supervisor determines that you are proficient in AEDP therapy and that your submission is ready for review, they will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf and you will submit your materials to the AEDP Certification Committee.
Please note: clinicians who have completed Level 3 training and wish to apply for AEDP Certification often require more than the minimum supervision described above to achieve proficiency.
When you are ready to proceed with your application for AEDP Certification, be sure to meet with your supervisor for specific details on materials to be submitted for review.