Starting in September 2021, certified AEDP-supervisors Anna Christina Sundgren and Annika Medbo, of Stockholm, Sweden, will offer AEDP Core training on Zoom. There will be six meeting units on Fridays and Saturdays from September 2021 until September 2022.
Core training offers participants who are in AEDP-training to deepen their understanding of the theory, to cultivate their practice of the model, and an opportunity to watch and experience experientially based therapeutic work together with other devoted AEDP-therapists.
The size of this group is limited to 10 participants in order to create a safe and sound supportive group for experiential and reflective learning. Participants will bring their own videos, which can be felt as a vulnerable disclosure. At the same time it’s a precious source for everyone’s learning. The group safety should allow risk-taking for all. We see the group as a resource and a basis for learning and integrating AEDP.
Each two day training will include:
- Two hours of didactic teaching, including the teachers showing their own clinical videos to demonstrate, bring life to and integrate theory, each occasion on a special theme.
- Clinical supervision segments where each group member will present their own videotaped sessions and receive individual supervision from the teachers in a group setting. This has the purpose of maximizing learning by offering all group members an experience of learning, both individually from the teachers, and from each other in a supporting and accepting atmosphere, where all members contribute.
- Development and training of the therapist’s professional presence. Therapeutic presence and dyadic mindfulness means having the aim to fully mirror and embody your engagement with the client. We will also create a space for the participants to reflect how to adapt and integrate AEDP in their own cultural context, and how to cultivate the participants own authentic style both verbally and para-verbally.
- Deepening and integrating participant’s understanding of AEDP theory, grasp the AEDP-language and terminology. Understand and embody the ethos of AEDP, and learn from watching each participant’s individual clinical practice.
- Developing and training the capacity to follow, lead and deepen experientially. Learning moment-to-moment tracking, and how to do it in a regulating, holding manner. Trauma and resilience exist side by side and we train participants to notice every marker and amplify every glimmer of “transformance” (Fosha, 2009)—the biologically, innate, motivating striving towards healing in every one of us.
- To discern those affects that transform an experience from affects that need to be transformed
- To work with defenses and understand the phenomenology of pathogenic affect.
- Developing and training one’s own therapeutic presence and para-verbal capacity; how to use our own somatic tracking in our work with clients and how our bodies can be both an important source of information and a resource for healing in the therapeutic process.
- Stretching our own receptive affective capacity in the service of both ourselves and our clients.
Training Structure and Dates
Six (6) units, Fridays and Saturdays Daytime 9-15, Central European Time, (CET+1) from September 2021 to September 2022 (12 h per unit).
2021: Sept 3-4; Oct 29-30
2022: Feb 18-19; Apr 22-23; June3-4; Sept 2-3
We have elaborated our own successful core training model with both teachers always present and collaborating! Every day starts with two hours of didactics and theory integrated with one teacher showing her own video. Then each participant will have at least one hour of individual supervision in group setting. All training will take place on Zoom during Covid-19 pandemic.
Working in pairs will allow us teachers to be more mindful of everyone´s experience, being able to keep all group members in mind and heart through the unit. One of us will take notes and share a write-up with each member of the group after each unit, in order to stay connected with us and with each members learning process, both with what is achieved and what are experienced as growing edges*.
(*Thanks to Jeanne Newhouse.)
Contact and Application
Last date for application is March 31st, 2021
About the Teachers
Annika Medbo – Licensed Physiotherapist, Licensed Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Certified AEDP-Therapist and Supervisor
I’m trained in body-oriented Psychotherapy and have worked the past 15 years in different psychiatric settings. I have a private practice in Stockholm.
In this AEDP core training my intention is to give you a safe enough space to find your words in theory and practice, to find your own unique Self and your own way of doing AEDP, and to find your own version of the AEDP language.
I welcome you warmly on this journey….and to shaping your AEDP clinical self in your own unique way!
Anna Christina Sundgren, M A. – Licensed Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Certified AEDP- Therapist and Supervisor
I’m working in private practice since 20 years.
I also lead body oriented meditation and mindfulness retreats regularly. Besides AEDP-therapy, I supervise and I teach. My early work with young drug addicts and violent men convinced me that there is a resilient, intact true Self in all of us, waiting for the right circumstances to be seen, known and transformed.
I want to facilitate your focusing on all resources we can use in service of ourselves and our patients; somatic/visceral, sensational, relational and emotional. In this training we will help you expand and deepen your skills and AEDP-language. I wish you want to do this with us; grow, take new brave steps towards personal and professional flourishing!