Candidates are encouraged to apply if: (1) they have financial needs such that they could not take a particular AEDP training without a Diversity Scholarship; (2) they work for underserved, financially struggling patient populations. A primary goal of giving AEDP Diversity Scholarships is to make AEDP Training more available to therapist applicants who belong to marginalized groups, i.e., ethnic/racial minorities, sexual orientation minorities and immigrants. Socio-economic disadvantage is considered a legitimate and distinct condition, which may be linkedto other diversity criteria, when applications are assessed.
Before you start writing your personal essay, please go through the questions
below.. If you answer “yes” to all relevant questions, you should definitely apply.
- Are you working at a hospital or community agency?
- Are you serving the underserved patient populations?
- If you’re in private practice, are you seeing the underserved patient populations? (e.g. Pt’s on Medicaid, immigrants without insurance)
- if yes, what’s the approximate percentage of your underserved patient populations?
- When you check in with yourself authentically, do you honestly feel a financial need of scholarship?