The Nuts and Bolts of AEDP: Translating Theory into Clinical Practice
an AEDP Workshop at the Cape Cod Institute in Eastham, Massachusetts
with Natasha Prenn, LCSW
Appropriate for both those new to AEDP and those with experience, this workshop will be a nuts-and-bolts dig into how to do AEDP. Inside the magic, there is a clear and recognizable structure, the bones of AEDP. We will practice the language of actual interventions, the steps and sequences that allow the work to flow, and the maps and protocols that inform our decision-making. We will unpack how to facilitate the different dyadic change processes that are central to AEDP.
Natasha is well known for her “how-to” workshops. She will use a balance of videotape, practice exercises, and user-friendly course materials to make AEDP’s complexity simple and practical.
You will head back to work armed with immediately applicable clinical interventions and a framework for the different interventions you may already be using.
What You’ll Learn:
You’ll learn to:
- engender secure attachment with all your patients
- sharpen your moment-to-moment tracking skills
- hone the language of interventions
- learn how to privilege the positive and help patients get to know how to take in feeling good
- utilize different ways to stay with and deepen affect.
- Understand AEDP’s use of self and different kinds of self-disclosure.
- Utilize strategies to build and expand receptive affective capacity, perceptive skills and expression
- Understand metaprocessing as a key intervention in AEDP.
- Explore somatic correlates of emotion to harness change for the better.
Meet the Presenter
[loop type=”faculty” taxonomy=”members” term=”senior-faculty” name=”natasha-prenn-lcsw”]
Fee and Credits
- Course Fee: $599
This program is eligible for CE Hours of continuing education credit through our co-sponsor R. Cassidy Seminars. To view the CE accreditation statement click here. CE Credits are included in the course fee. For our cancellation/refund policy click here.
Date/Time07/27/2015 - 07/31/2015
LocationCape Cod Institute
100 Cable Road
100 Cable Road
Eastham, Massachusetts 02642