Prerequisites for Lead Assisting
You must be practicing legally as a licensed Mental Health Professional in your state, province, or country with a commitment to the AEDP Institute community and AEDP as a therapeutic modality.
We want to do our very best to set Lead Assistants (LA) up for great success in this role. The role of LA, as you may know, is a central role for the smooth functioning of our courses and requires the integration of skills that draw deeply from both “sides” of the brain. For this particular role, we need people who are very able to work both top down and bottom up. Please comment in the applicaton on your strengths with regard to the following attributes of a successful LA…
LA’s who have lead in the past please complete an application so that we have your most updated information.
Process to apply to participate as an AEDP Lead Assistant:
If you would like to participate as a Lead Assistant you must complete an application (below).
- Those who have completed our online application will be considered for Lead Assistant positions. The Institute will notify applicants of acceptance / reasons for not being accepted shortly after your application is received.
- The Institute will tell Lead Assistants which courses: IMM and/or ES1 and/or ES2 they are eligible to lead in.
- Each Lead Assistant will be added to a special LA only Discussion Group – a group email list where you can discuss all things LA related and where the Institute can easily communicate with LAs as a group.
- Each Lead Assistant who is ready to lead will be alerted of upcoming LA opportunities – please raise your hand and notify us of your interest and availability to lead! The Institute will prioritize a) diversity of all kinds and b) LAs who haven’t lead recently.
- Must accept at least 1 offer per year to lead: at least 1 Immersion or 1 Skills module every 12 months.
Responsibilities and Ethical Agreements:
- Follow the ethical guidelines / ethos of AEDP Institute during the training as well as during out of training contact with Institute trainees.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and communication channels and support the curriculum and approach of the training.
- Develop a safe, regulated, supportive environment that will facilitate trainees’ learning, track interpersonal and group interactions.
- Abide by AEDP’s Institute’s Dual Relationship Policy