Objectives: ASM | Kari Gleiser, PhD | Navigating AEDP’s Experiential-Attachment Work in the Context of Trauma, Dissociation and Multiplicity
- Apply AEDP key elements to foster the healing of trauma, and the integration of dissociative parts.
- Recognize signs of Dissociative Identity Disorder and adapt AEDP interventions to work with this diagnosis.
- Demonstrate competency in working with the intra-relational triangle to craft relational clinical interventions.
- Identify and mitigate risks in applying AEDP to complex trauma and dissociative disorders.
- Demonstrate explicit use of relational interventions with different parts of the self of the patient.
- Formulate intra-relational interventions for building secure internal attachment.
- Develop connection that instills safety and containment and forges secure attachment with patients who have never been securely attached to anyone.
- Relate how to navigate deep emotional processing with patients who have tendency to fall into traumatic flashbacks.