AEDP™ Institute Seminar presented by Danny Yeung, MD, CCFP, CGPP, FCFP
LIVE ONLINE 2023: Friday February 10 + Saturday February 11, 2023
12:00 – 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time USA + Canada
This seminar is intended for Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, Counselors/Marriage and Family Therapists, Creative Arts Therapists.
Course Content Level: Intermediate
The seminar content will be most optimal for participants with a working knowledge and
experience in the AEDP phenomenology of 4 States and 3 States Transformation.
Participants with no prior experience with AEDP will be introduced to this unique model
that goes beyond working with repairing what went wrong, and privileges working with
positivity and emergence.
What makes AEDP unique in the world of psychotherapy? Unparalleled in the rich traditions of psychotherapy is the clinical art and neuroscience of AEDP metatherapeutic processing.
Metatherapeutic processing, with its upward spiraling work with “what went right” in therapy, results in the emergence of positive transformational experiences and ultimately contemplative-like core state.
Aiming to explore the AEDP model’s State 3 and 4 phenomenology and its neurobiological underpinnings, this two half day seminar will present, through didactic interaction discussions and clinical video analysis, the unique and quintessential theory and practice of metatherapeutic processing.
Main Points of Seminar:
During the first day of the seminar, the following themes relevant to metatherapeutic processing will be explored through theory and clinical video demonstration:
- Therapeutic stance as formulated through the lens of dyadic mindfulness, attachment, intersubjectivity, felt sensing and contemplative presence.
- Therapeutic skills as formulated through the practice of seizing, naming, affirming and experientially working with celebration of change for the better.
- Unpacking metatherapeutic processes / transformational affects including: Mastery / mastery affects, mourning the self / emotional pain, traversing the crises of healing change / tremulous affects, affirming recognition of the self and its transformational / healing affects, delighting in the surprise of the emerging transformation / enliven affects, taking in the new understanding / realization affects.
During the second day of the seminar, the following themes relevant to neurobiological
underpinning of State 3 and State 4 phenomenology will be explored through theory and clinical video demonstration:
- The richly positive transformational affects and core state as likely to be mediated by the nine functions of an activated OFC with its deeply integrative capacity.
- Activation of the smart vagus and its correlating neurophysiological adaptive capacity as viewed through the lens of Polyvagal Theory.
- The key neuropsychological function of an activated insula and its embedded Von Economo Neurons as associated with social empathy, emotional self awareness and intuition.
- Demonstrate the therapeutic stance and apply the therapeutic skills in metatherapeutic processing
- Explain the metatherapeutic processes and their transformational affects and core state
- Explain the neuroscience of positive affects and their association with attachment and the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC)
- Explain the neuroscience of the smart vagus and its association with core state phenomenology
- Describe the neuroscience of the insula and its association with felt core self and intuition.
Meet the Presenter
Danny Yeung, MD, CCFP, CGPP, FCFPDanny Yeung, MD, CCFP, CGPP, FCFP, Head of International Development and Senior Faculty of the AEDP™ Institute, is a trainer and supervisor of AEDP for post-graduate mental health professionals in Hong Kong, China, United States and Canada. An Assistant Professor with the Department of Family and Community Medicine with cross appointment at Department of Psychiatry in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto, Danny also serves as a Consultant Physician / Psychotherapist of Assertive Community Treatment Team and Mental Health Court Support Program for the Department of Psychiatry of Mount Sinai Hospital. (Read More…)
Dates, Times, Location & Agenda
Friday February 10 + Saturday February 11, 2023
Times for each session:
12:00 – 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time USA + Canada
Please double check the meeting times for your local time zone if not Eastern Time USA + Canada
Location: Live, Online
Member Pricing (must be logged in to register)
Non Member Pricing (become a member here!)
Registration Fees (including 8 CEs):
This is a seminar, not an AEDP Certification Course; by participating you may earn CE credit; you will not fulfill any requirements for AEDP Certification.
Scholarships are available. To learn more and apply, please go here.
Continuing Education (CE):
This program is generally eligible for 8 CE hours of continuing professional development credit.* Participants must have paid course fee, attended the entire course and completed an evaluation to receive CE. RCassidy, is our CE partner and will provide CE certificates. In addition a certificate of completion will be provides by the AEDP Institute. Partial credit is not available.
- NOTE: It is the responsibility of the Attendee to determine if the CE credit offered by R.Cassidy Seminars meets the regulations of their state licensing/certification board.
Go here for a list of professions included, state approval and other details on CEs for this course.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations please contact Marilia Rodriguez, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-553-1294 thirty days or more before the event so we can be sure to accommodate you.
Attendance and Makeup Policy & Refunds:
Course and all customer service related questions:
Please contact Customer Service Administrator
Billing, Receipts, Credit Card matters, CE, Payment Plans:
Please contact our CE and Registration Partner, R. Cassidy Seminars
866-992-9399 x 105
707-566-7470 x 105
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm PST