Therapists included in this directory are listed according to their level of training in AEDP (i.e. roughly number of AEDP training hours); AEDP Level does not correlate to the therapist’s overall experience as a clinician. To learn more about AEDP Levels, click here.
For the most up to date AEDP faculty list, click here.
I have been in a private practice for approximately 5 years and have been a licensed psychologist since 2007. I currently work as a Telehealth Provider in NJ and CA.
• I have a broad range of experience working as a program clinic manager and mental health provider at several military bases providing care to service members and their families.
• I worked as a court forensic evaluator at Bronx NY Juvenile Court and Conrep in SF, Ca.
• I have spent many years learning and working with individuals in long term hospitalization settings. These individuals presented with diagnoses of complex trauma along the symptoms across a broad spectrum depression and anxiety: unipolar to bipolar disorders, PTSD (acute and chronic) psychotic disorders (brief and chronic) and dissociative disorders across a broad range of disconnection from reality.
• I also have experience working with forensically committed adults for crimes adjudicated by a court, NGRI and have been certified and trained to provide forensic evaluations and reports.
In my practice, I treat a broad range of conditions and work with individuals from a broad range of cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities and ages: adolescents, adults and families.
I provide EFT couples therapy (Level: beyond Core Skills),
AEDP (Level 2) individual therapy and individual therapy that incorporates a broad range of interventions and techniques taken from a foundation of psychoanalytic, cognitive behavioral training
• trauma informed training such as Internal Family Systems Model (IFS)
• Intensive Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy (ISTDP)
• Attachment Based Family Therapy (Level 2)
I work with individuals presenting with a range of issues from mild to severe distress, mild to severe depression and anxiety and mild to severe insecure attachment disorders.
I work with individuals with eating disorders, addictions to substances and other self-protective behaviors that get in the way of authentic emotionally safe relating with self and others.
Thank you for taking the time to read about my background and credentials and hope to work with you or be a referral resource for you soon.
Lisa Thayer, PhD