AEDP™ Institute Seminar presented by Danny Yeung, MD, CCFP, CGPP, FCFP
Recorded for OnDemand Learning
This seminar is intended for Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, Counselors/Marriage and Family Therapists, Creative Arts Therapists.
Course Content Level: Intermediate
The seminar content will be most optimal for participants with a working knowledge and
experience in the AEDP phenomenology of 4 States and 3 States Transformation.
Participants with no prior experience with AEDP will be introduced to this unique model
that goes beyond working with repairing what went wrong, and privileges working with
positivity and emergence.
What makes AEDP unique in the world of psychotherapy? Unparalleled in the rich traditions of psychotherapy is the clinical art and neuroscience of AEDP metatherapeutic processing.
Metatherapeutic processing, with its upward spiraling work with “what went right” in therapy, results in the emergence of positive transformational experiences and ultimately contemplative-like core state.
Aiming to explore the AEDP model’s State 3 and 4 phenomenology and its neurobiological underpinnings, this two half day seminar will present, through didactic interaction discussions and clinical video analysis, the unique and quintessential theory and practice of metatherapeutic processing.
Main Points of Seminar:
During the first day of the seminar, the following themes relevant to metatherapeutic processing will be explored through theory and clinical video demonstration:
- Therapeutic stance as formulated through the lens of dyadic mindfulness, attachment, intersubjectivity, felt sensing and contemplative presence.
- Therapeutic skills as formulated through the practice of seizing, naming, affirming and experientially working with celebration of change for the better.
- Unpacking metatherapeutic processes / transformational affects including: Mastery / mastery affects, mourning the self / emotional pain, traversing the crises of healing change / tremulous affects, affirming recognition of the self and its transformational / healing affects, delighting in the surprise of the emerging transformation / enliven affects, taking in the new understanding / realization affects.
During the second day of the seminar, the following themes relevant to neurobiological
underpinning of State 3 and State 4 phenomenology will be explored through theory and clinical video demonstration:
- The richly positive transformational affects and core state as likely to be mediated by the nine functions of an activated OFC with its deeply integrative capacity.
- Activation of the smart vagus and its correlating neurophysiological adaptive capacity as viewed through the lens of Polyvagal Theory.
- The key neuropsychological function of an activated insula and its embedded Von Economo Neurons as associated with social empathy, emotional self awareness and intuition.
- Demonstrate the therapeutic stance and apply the therapeutic skills in metatherapeutic processing
- Explain the metatherapeutic processes and their transformational affects and core state
- Explain the neuroscience of positive affects and their association with attachment and the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC)
- Explain the neuroscience of the smart vagus and its association with core state phenomenology
- Describe the neuroscience of the insula and its association with felt core self and intuition.
Meet the Presenter
Danny Yeung, MD, CCFP, CGPP, FCFPDanny Yeung, MD, CCFP, CGPP, FCFP, Head of International Development and Senior Faculty of the AEDP™ Institute, is a trainer and supervisor of AEDP for post-graduate mental health professionals in Hong Kong, China, United States and Canada. An Assistant Professor with the Department of Family and Community Medicine with cross appointment at Department of Psychiatry in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto, Danny also serves as a Consultant Physician / Psychotherapist of Assertive Community Treatment Team and Mental Health Court Support Program for the Department of Psychiatry of Mount Sinai Hospital. (Read More…)
AEDP Institute On Demand Trainings are to be viewed on your private computer or smart device. They are intentionally not downloadable; we “stream” them. So, having a high speed Internet connection is important to having a good learning experience.
This training is intended to be viewed only by mental health professionals and students in mental health or related fields. You will be asked to provide evidence of and swear to uphold your professional credentials before completing registration and payment and receiving access to the materials.
Fees, Registration and Continuing Education (CE):
$149 for non-Members
$129 AEDP Institute Members only (you must be logged in to receive the discounted price.)
Continuing Education Credits
Please contact Admin@aedpinstitute.org if you would like 8 CE.
This is a seminar, not an AEDP Certification Course; by participating you will earn CE credit; you will not fulfill any requirements for AEDP Certification.
Continuing Education (CE):
Continuing Education: This training is eligible for 8 CE
This training is co-sponsored by AEDP Institute and Heisel and Associates. To receive CE Participants must have:
- Registered an account on the Heisel and Associates website (see below)
- complete the training
CE: If you would like CE credit for this training, you must create an account here or click on the button below. You will need your license information to create your account. You only need to create one account for all AEDP trainings.
Upon completion of the training complete these 5 easy steps to receive your CE certificate:
1. Log onto your Heisel and Associates account
2. Go to “My Account”
3. Click on “My Webinars”
4 You must complete the test
4. Complete the eval
5. Download the certificate
Go here for a list of professions included, state approval and other details on CEs for this course.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Attendance and Makeup Policy & Refunds:
Course and all customer service related questions:
Please contact Customer Service Administrator